Wednesday 26 November 2014

Bittern Dry-point Monoprint

In the Autumn of 2011, I took a series of digi-scoping photographs from the Fen Hide at RSPB Strumpshaw Fen of a Bittern emerging from the reeds and taking flight.

In 2013, I turned one into a print...

First, I turned it into a gestural painting and drawing...



The plate is made by scratching into thin plastic. On the right are the two first prints. The first with a lot of ink, the second with not much. In fact, it was printed without re-inking...



The printed image was a bit plain, so for the final print, I added a mono-type background. Using a plastic spatula, I flicked verticles into the ink to give a reed-like background.


The final mono-print, signed and mounted in a red card surround ready for a frame...

No comments:

Post a Comment